We are looking for assistants to support in the running of after-school Coding Clubs within primary schools across Kent.
Whilst this post may be ideal for those interested in pursuing a career in teaching or IT, we welcome applicants from individuals across all sectors who have the confidence to manage a class of primary school children. The clubs usually have around 25 children from age 5 to 11 and last one hour. This is an after-school club and requires Code Club Staff to be on-site for between 1.5 to 2 hours per session. Two coding assistants are required for each club.
Applicants need to be:
- Smart & presentable
- Good communicators
- Comfortable around children
- Committed to a regular day / school for a minimum period of one academic term
- Have an up-to-date Enhanced DBS check
- To arrive approximately 20 minutes prior to the start of Coding Club (time varies according to the individual schools)
- To assist with logging on all machines (type vary on the individual schools)
- To assist with basic IT skill building
- To assist in helping children to learn to navigate their way round a computer and Coding programmes including Scratch and Python, by following a set programme of delivery
- To assist in logging off all machines and tidying up after Coding Club (approximately 10 minutes)
What We Offer
- Rate of pay from £8 per hour
- We will pay travel expenses up to an agreed amount on production of receipts
- We will provide Safeguard Awareness Training
- We will organise your DBS check. If you leave employment within one academic year we will recuperate this cost from your wages.
- A bonus scheme is in place for introducing and a sale of Think Big Coding to new schools.
If you are interested please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org stating what days you would be interested in, along with reasons for interest and your CV. Thank you.